What is it? An option to have employees’ pay automatically loaded on their own personalized West Virginia Pay Card each pay day. The Pay Card is a reloadable Visa® prepaid card issued by Citi® Prepaid Services. No bank account or credit check is required.
Who will have it? Any current or future employee who chooses not to have their pay directly deposited into their own account at a financial institution. Retirees are not participants at this time.
How is it used? The card provides flexible and immediate access to the employee’s pay. They can make purchases at millions of Visa locations worldwide. They can withdraw cash at ATMs and financial institutions that display the Visa logo. There’s even an option for the employee to use a Pre-Check to get cash for part or all of the balance.
When will the change occur? All current employees who have not signed up for Direct Deposit through their Payroll Administrators by October 1, 2013 will receive a Pay Card. The first pay date in which the employee’s pay will be loaded on the Pay Card is October 31, 2013. Any new employee hired after October 1, 2013 must select either Direct Deposit or Pay Card through their Payroll Administrator.
How do I enroll? All employees who currently receive a paper paycheck will automatically be enrolled in the Pay Card program. You will receive specific instructions on how to register your card upon receiving it. If you currently receive direct deposit, the Pay Card program will be available to you at a later date.
What are the benefits?
What are some of the features?
- Immediate pay delivery
- Purchasing power at millions of locations
- More convenient than pay checks
- More secure than pay checks
- Better control over funds
- Account management tools
- 24/7 customer service (Web, IVR, live agents, and Email)
- Free access to funds at all Visa Member Banks
- Free access to funds at In-Network ATMs
- Visa Prepaid Card, Good Everywhere Visa Debit Cards are accepted.
- Immediate Access to Pay on Pay Day – Funds are Automatically Deposited to Your Card
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Transaction (Signature or PIN) - No Fee
- In-Network Domestic ATM Withdrawal - No Fee
- Over-the-Counter Cash Withdrawal at Visa Member Banks - No Fee
- ATM Balance Inquiry - No Fee
- Monthly Paper Statement (Upon Request) - No Fee
- Account Overdraft - No Fee
- Pre-Check® Option that can be Cashed for All or Part of Your Balance – No Fee
- All fees disclosed prior to account activation